Provide Staff is hiring for Window Cutters and Packagers in the Memphis, TN (Distriplex Farms and Holmes Rd) area for $13.50 per hour,
Listed below is some information to consider when selecting a potential candidate.
Our shift is Mon thru Fri, 8 am to 5 pm. We sometimes work overtime (Saturday) on the weekends.
We take 3 breaks during the day including an hour lunch break at 12 pm.
Our warehouse is not air conditioned but we have a lot of fans circulating the air inside the building. We also provide fresh Gatorade and water each day during the hottest summer months.
They’ll receive up to 2 weeks of training for the job they’ll be doing though most can learn the job in 5 to 7 business days.
They will be required to stand for the entire shift. They will work on their feet. We have newer styled soft mats to help with concrete flooring and the foot soreness that comes with it.
We suggest that they dress comfortably and modestly while considering that our warehouse can get pretty warm during the summer months and pretty cool during the winter months.
Their specific job is to take window blinds and use table saws to cut them to a more narrow width. It’s ok if they have never operated one before. We will teach them.
In addition, they will remove buttons from the bottom rail of the blinds and make the blinds shorter when the order calls for it.
They will be unboxing and reboxing the blinds once the alterations are made.
We do hire associates on to our permanent team after 9 weeks if they can meet the production standard which is 250 blinds per 40 hours worked, have good attendance, have a clean background and can get along with and function with the rest of our team.
- Pack, weigh, and label completed items for shipment or storage.
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging.
- Identify and dispose of defective items.
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc.
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- High School Diploma/ GED.
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred.
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members.
Apply online at https://www.providestaff.net/forms/applicant/
Once done, call 901-505-0005 for an orientation time.
Application Deadline: May 6, 2021