Job Title: Quality Assurance Mechanical Inspector
Location: Memphis, TN
Reporting to: Quality Manager
Role & Responsibilities:
Inspects incoming parts and supplies, performs first article, in-process, and final inspection; performs inspection of setups and fixtures; maintains, or schedules maintenance of testing tools; monitors inspection schedules and follow-up for compliance of inspection requirements
Read and analyze blueprints, quality documents and manuals, and to verify measurements and other specifications to plans; to possess a basic knowledge of mechanical systems, critical thinking skills, and proficiency with standard testing tools, calipers, micrometers, depth gauge, optical comparators, and CMM equipment and software.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Inspect first articles, in-process parts, and products prior to shipment using gauges, coordinate measuring machine, optical comparators, and vision.
2. Generate spreadsheets for data collection.
3. Generate first article inspection reports
4. Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments.
5. Test incoming raw materials.
6. Use precision measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, fixtures and gauges to check work and perform detailed inspection of parts produced.
7. Read Instrumentation and gauges to accurately measure dimensions on parts being machined within specified tolerance.
8. Wear proper safety equipment and comply with company safety rules at all times.
Qualifications & Requirements:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Minimum of two years’ experience as a quality inspector.
3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
4. Able to understand the commonly used standards, codes, and industry practices.
6. Training in general safety awareness and practices.
5. Working knowledge of standard testing tools using calipers & micrometers, depth gauges, optical comparators, and CMM.
6. Ability to fluently read and write English, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
7. Intermediate to advanced shop math.
8. Proficient using a PC in a Windows environment.
9. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associate’s degree in a technical field.
2. Quality system awareness.
3. Knowledge of ISO a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position works in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and standard warehouse equipment such as forklifts, hand trucks, box cutters and tape dispensers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Items in excess of 50 pounds will need to lift with team techniques or use of proper equipment.
If interested, apply at https://www.providestaff.net/forms/applicant/ then call 901-505-0005 or swing by our office at 6765 East Shelby Drive Memphis, TN 38141.
Application Deadline: November 27, 2020