Provide Staff has immediate 3rd shift positions available for Press Operators. 3rd shift hours are 11:00 pm-7:00 am. A minimum of 2 years of experience is required.
Set up, operate and maintain a multi-color Flexographic press using water-based inks. Manage all aspects of press performance, including productivity, quality and maintenance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures that product is printed according to specifications.
· Pulls job tickets and verifies stock and inks are available and used as specified.
· Performs line clearance by following line clearance SOP.
· Pulls spec, verifies aniloxes, ink colors, stock, and special instructions.
· Sets up machine; installs aniloxes, inks, correct stock and ITRs.
· Sets impressions and registers print-to-print.
· Completes all start-up checks and gets start approval.
· Completes in-process inspections; follows work instructions and control plan.
· Finishes job by verifying end to start approval.
· Closes out job by completing paperwork and placing in ticket with product.
· Performs general maintenance to press.
· Follows 5S guidelines assigned to work area and surrounding areas.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must have two years’ press operator experience.
· Must have basic personal computer skills including e mail and word processing.
· Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must be able to set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on press.
· Must have basic leadership skills required to give press assistant simple directions.
· Must have basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
· Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
· Must be able to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
· Must be able to read and communicate effectively in English.
· Must pass color vision test.
· Must be able to maintain good attendance.
· Must pass basic reading test.
· Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
POSITION SPECIFICATION SHEET Press Operator
FACTORS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Education Ability to read, write in English and do basic math.
Experience At least 2 years
Complexity Must meet daily deadlines. Works with clearly defined guidelines, but has latitude for using initiative and self-scheduling.
Contacts Contact with other employees in department.
Confidential Data Very little knowledge of confidential information.
Assets Minimal asset responsibility
Physical Requirements Repetitive motion. Constant use of hands and wrists. Standing.
Working Conditions Climate controlled. Constant exposure to noise.
If interested, apply at https://www.providestaff.net/forms/applicant/ then call 901-505-0005 or swing by our office at 6765 East Shelby Drive Memphis, TN 38141.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020