1st Shift Maintenance position available!!
Pay: $18 per hour
To perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of the facility, building, and equipment under general supervision. Execute work within established procedures and process under both verbal and written instructions to support the warehouse operation.
Essential Duties and Account abilities:
- Responsible for all building maintenance: internal maintenance, plumbing maintenance and electrical maintenance and determining if outside contractors will be needed.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, minimal electrical, installations, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
- Responsible for all outside contractors and overseeing projects. This includes but is not limited to: maintaining building roof, walls, floors and structural components, doors, ceilings, electrical repairs.
- Janitorial responsibilities will include ensuring the cleanliness of all areas inside and outside of the building. Maintain company property free of dirt and debris.
- H VAC Maintenance responsibilities are upkeep of a preventative program, oversee and contact outside source for third party repairs and replace equipment as required.
- Responsible for maintaining the security system and making sure that it is operative at all times.
- Aid in support materials and distribution of support materials throughout the warehouse.
- Keep the batteries watered on all electric forklifts and maintain all forklift records.
- Responsible for emptying all gay lords daily and routine replacement in the event of damage.
- Maintains assigned tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Repairs furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Oversee maintenance request both verbal and written from staff.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Required to perform multiple tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating equipment used in skilled trades, power and hand tools, etc.; adhering to safety practices; handling hazardous materials; and planning and managing projects.
- Read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: standard methods, materials and tools used in assigned skilled trade; and safety practices and procedures.
- Required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather and/or collate data; and use job-related equipment.
- Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with similar types of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment.
- Problem solving required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is moderate.
- Required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; developing effective working relationships; displaying mechanical aptitude; working under time constraints; and complying with OSHA/TOSHA regulations.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The performance of this position will require exposure to warehousing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes and safety vests when going outside of a pedestrian walkway. The distribution center is a non-climate controlled environment. The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 15% sitting, 45% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Application Deadline: April 3, 2020