The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and materials in the Distribution Center.
Essential Duties and Account-abilities:
• Coordinate with customer service department to understand inventory errors reported by customer and find root cause for same.
• Train the staff personnel and supervise their work to ensure compliance to quality standards, procedures, policies and helps in resolving all inventory issues.
• To establish and execute cycle count schedule in compliance with the corporate accounting objectives
• To coordinate and oversee the daily cycle counts of the various inventory assets
• To investigate, identify and reconcile the cycle count discrepancies, i.e., shortages as well as overages
• To audit process along with paper flow errors and try to spot the inconsistencies that affect the accuracy of the inventories
• To take care of the inventory areas by organizing and maintaining efficient material handling and storage
• To maintain the cycle count records so that it can be reviewed by the management and also provide the reports related to cycle count activity
• Continuously review, update and maintain picking locations to balance inventory of overstock items.
• Help in other Inventory related issues when they arise and find root cause of issue.
• Prepare and drive semi-annual physical inventory within operation
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
• This position has direct supervision responsibilities over immediate staff and indirect responsibilities over warehouse activities.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Required to perform multiple tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
• Required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather and/or collate data; and use job-related equipment.
• Problem solving required to identify issues and select action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is moderate.
• Required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; developing effective working relationships; displaying computer aptitude; working under time constraints; and complying with OSHA/TOSHA regulations.
• Ability to create documents/work instructions in corporate and industry-norm formats.
• Critical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Adaptability and ability to learn quickly in high-pressure environments
• Ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to contribute as an effective team member
• Excellent time management, detail orientated, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated motivation and initiative to succeed
• Strong use of tools for document creation, revision, and record keeping purposes.
• Knowledge of the functions that make up a distribution center environment.
• Interpersonal Communication Skills.
• Ability to work under limited supervision.
• Willingness and ability to create and give presentations to colleagues and managers
Education and Experience:
· Required education is an Associate’s degree or higher
· 5+ years of previous Distribution Experience is required
· Experience with ERP/WMS System preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
· The performance of this position will require exposure to warehousing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes and safety vests when going outside of a pedestrian walkway. The distribution center is a non-climate controlled environment. The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 15% sitting, 45% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
If interested call 901-505-0005 or come apply at 6765 East Shelby Dr Memphis, TN 38141.
Application Deadline: April 3, 2020