Freight Handlers – Thursday-Monday 0700-1500- $11.25 per hour
Forklift Operators – Thursday-Monday 0700-1500 – $12.75 per hour
· This is a physically demanding job; must be able to stand, bend, and lift for extended periods of time.
· Unloads and loads freight manually by hand.
· Will use tools such as step stools and scan guns
· Must pull carts by hand across the dock with freight on the carts – Electric tuggers are not always available
· General housekeeping responsibilities
· This is a production based assignment, must show continuous improvement each and every day.
· Must be able to meet deadlines.
· Must be able to interpret instruction in a verbal or written manner
· Freight handlers must be able to work in a group or a team and have the ability to communicate clearly with one another, through verbal or written communication.
· Will have to record numbers of units handled.
· Must work safely and in compliance with the safety program
· Must have a good attitude
· Forklift operators must be willing to perform all of the tasks of a freight handler!
· Unload materials and merchandise while using powered industrial trucks (forklift, clamps, and slip)
· Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
· Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance
· Comply with company safety policies and procedures
· Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facility
Remember the 5 keys to success:
1. Show up on the days you are scheduled!
2. Show up on time!
3. Have a good attitude!
4. Do what you are asked to do!
5. Work safely!
Application Deadline: February 25, 2021